Best Pasta Pot With Strainer – Our Favorite Top 10 Selection
Just when you decided to buy a pasta pot , someone comes up to you to tell you that there is a best pasta pot with strainer for you. What?
You may be wondering why you need to get a pasta pot that has strainer. The most important reason in our opinion is that it provides extra convenience as you cook. You do not have to boil the pasta and then look for a colander to drain out the water.
We would briefly review 10 products that we have selected for different reasons, so stay with us as we present these products.
Best Budget Single Pot
Product Rating – 4.4 Star
- The lid twists and locks into place to provide ease of straining.
- The oval shape is designed to contain noodles without having to break them.
- Made with aluminum construction that provides fast and even heating.
- The non-stick interior that’s made with PFOA free material delivers ease of cleaning.
- Comes with a 5-year warranty.
The Bialetti 7550 Oval 5 Quart Pasta Pot with Strainer Lid, Nonstick, 5.8, Red is a great pasta pot that comes at a pocket friendly price.
It comes with an Italian design and style and is a very useful tool for your meal preps. This Bialetti pot is on this list because it combines affordability with functionality and great features.
This 5-quart capacity of this pot makes it ideal for a small family and what’s more, it has a small footprint and wouldn’t take up too much space in your cabinet.
The overall design and features of the Bialetti 7550 Oval 5 Quart Pasta Pot delivers ease and safety. You can now prepare not only pasta but vegetables, potatoes and similar dishes with less stress.
In addition to the above, the handle of this pot is easy to hold and stays cool through the process.
There’s so much to say about this pot but go check it out yourself.
Best Single Pot In The Mid-Price Range
Product Rating – 4.6 Star
- Multi-functional 6-quarts capacity.
- Base of the pot is made with encapsulated aluminum that delivers even heat distribution.
- Comes with measurement marking inside the pot.
- Ranked as an 18/10 food grade product that’s stain, rust, crack and corrosion free.
- Comes with doubly riveted handle that’s very durable.
The AVACRAFT Top Rated Stainless Steel Stockpot with Glass Strainer Lid is a single pasta pot product that can be used to cook several recipes apart from pasta.
This pot is beautifully designed with a matte finished interior that prevents it from getting scratched and nicked. The pour spouts are placed on both sides of the pot for the convenience of both left and right handed users.
These and many more features are the reasons why this product is on our list. This in addition to the fact that you get them at a price that can be considered more commensurate than the features.
What’s more, you can use this pot with electric, gas, or Induction stovetop and it is safe to put in the fridge and dishwasher.
Best of all, this product comes with a lifetime warranty.
Best Multi Pot Set – Best Product In Mid-price Range
We have presented single pot options but this product is a multi-pot set and this particular set is in the mid-price range of best pasta pots . This means that it is neither a budget product nor a high end product. You have to pay something substantial for it but nothing to break the bank for or save up for like the high end product.
Product Rating – 4. 6 Star
- Delivers professional results for cooking techniques such as reduction, rolling boils and slow simmers.
- Even heat distribution from the base that’s encapsulated in aluminum.
- Handles remain cool while cooking and helper handle gives user extra balance and support for lifting and pouring content of the pot.
- Tapered rim enables pouring out content without drips.
- Tight lid seals in nutrients and flavors.
The Cuisinart 77-412 Chef’s Classic Stainless 4-Piece 12-Quart Pasta/Steamer Set consists of the outer pot, a pasta insert, a steaming basket and a lid.
This pot is on our list because of its versatility. You can boil your pasta in the insert and just pull it out and drain with no stress or need for a colander or any other appliance. In addition to that, you can steam vegetables and other foods that require steaming as you boil your pasta.
The great thing about this is that you can use it for different styles of cooking. And the stainless steel used in making it is of top quality. It doesn’t get discolored which also means that it wouldn’t react with food or change the taste of your food.
The 12 quart capacity of the pot makes it adequate for cooking for a large family or parties and hangouts.
Best Multi- pot Set (cheaper option)
Product Rating – 4.5 Star
- 8 quart capacity is adequate for family meal prep.
- Can be used on all types of stove or cook tops.
- Lid is made with tempered glass is transparent so that you don’t have to lift the lid to check your food. It also has steam vent.
- Though made with stainless steel, the base of the pot is encapsulated with aluminum and delivers even heating.
- Comes with long lasting stainless steel handles that are riveted.
The Cook N Home 02401, Stainless Steel 4-Piece 8 Quart Pasta Cooker Steamer is a good quality pasta pot that comes at a pocket friendly price. It is on this list because although it has all the features (apart from capacity) of the Cuisinart pot featured above, it comes at a cheaper rate.
So if you need a multi-pot set that’s not as costly as some similar products then this is for you; but remember that it is an 8 quart pot.
That said however, this pot is adequate enough to cook large quantities of pasta and noodles. This is due to its deep steamer insert which can also be used as a strainer.
The handles are designed for durability and safety to ensure that you lift and strain your pasta without fear of the handle falling off at any point.
High End Multi-pot Set
Product Rating – 4.1 Star
- The aluminum encapsulated bottom provides quick and even heating to ensure that there are no hot spots in the pots.
- Designed and safe to be used on any type of heat.
- Pasta pot has loop handles that gives user a sure hold on the pot.
- The set includes an 8-quart stock pot, steamer insert, pasta insert and lid with straining holes.
- Measurement markings provide ease of measuring ingredients/food in the pot.
The Calphalon Classic Stainless Steel 8 quart Stock Pot with Steamer and Pasta Insert is a high quality product from Calphalon; a brand that has been proven for quality products over the years.
This product is on our list because of the superior material of manufacture which makes it a high end product. Similarly, it is designed with durability in mind as is affirmed by the 10-year full warranty that comes with the product.
With this Calphalon pasta pot, you don’t need a colander for straining your pasta. This is because the lid is designed with holes that line up with the pouring spout of the pot.
This product is versatile and can be used for myriads of dishes and cooking methods. Its 8-quart capacity is large enough to steam and boil large quantities of food.
Best of all this pot is dishwasher safe which makes for great ease of cleanup.
High End Single Pot Product
Product Name – All-Clad 4807 Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Bonded Dishwasher Safe Pasta Pentola with Insert / Cookware, 7-Quart, Silver
Product Rating – 4.5 Star
- Made of triple ply bonded construction with a base of encapsulated aluminum which delivers even heating all over the pot.
- The surface is highly polished and non-stick and doesn’t react with food.
- Riveted stainless steel handles provides comfortable grip for user.
- It is broiler and oven safe up to 600 °F without the lid and also compatible for induction cooking.
- Comes with limited lifetime warranty.
The All-Clad 4807 Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Bonded Pasta Pentola with Insert / Cookware, 7-Quart, Silver is a top quality product that has received positive reviews from verified users.
This product doesn’t have many pieces like the previous one reviewed (Calphalon) but it is also a high end product. In addition to that it is not as costly as the Calphalon pot set. That in addition to the features highlighted above are the reasons why it is one of our favorite pasta pots.
It is proudly made in the USA and is engineered to last a lifetime thus the limited lifetime warranty.
With its colander insert, cooking pasta and other meals that require straining becomes stress-free. All you have to do for pasta is to pour the pasta into the colander insert, place in the pot and boil. Thereafter, just lift off the colander and voila! No need for extra utensils!
Large Capacity Pot Set
Product Rating – 4.2 Star
- 16-quart capacity with 4 stainless steel inserts.
- The edge of the pot is flared to deliver drip-free and stress-free pouring.
- Made 18/10 stainless steel with an aluminum encapsulated base for even and fast heat distribution.
- Safe for use on all types of cooktops/stoves and also induction while oven safe for up to 260°C/500°F.
- Made in Brazil and assembled in the USA
The Tramontina 80101/038DS Gourmet Prima Stainless Steel Pasta Cooking Set is a large capacity pasta pot that’s ideal for cooking large quantities of pasta.
It is made with top quality stainless steel for durability and also combines that with a beautiful and modern design.
This product made it to this list because of its large capacity and the fact that you can cook 4 different types of pasta at once. In addition to that, the 4 insert can also be used for other steaming and boiling recipes.
The riveted stainless steel handles provide a secure grip for the user and ensure safety in the course of lifting and pouring food cooked in the pot.
This pot is ideal for folks who love to cook different types of pasta and veggies for the same meal. It would afford you the speed and convenience needed while allowing you the desired variety at every meal time.
Extra Large Capacity and Multi-purpose Pot
Product Name – Winware 20 Qt Aluminum Pasta Cooker, Commercial Grade
Product Rating – 4.2 Star
- Extra-large 20-quart capacity.
- Comes with 4 different stainless steel inserts
- Has individual clips on each insert for hanging them.
- Made with heavy weight commercial grade stainless steel.
The Winware 20 Qt Aluminum Pasta Cooker, Commercial Grade is ideal for restaurants or family reunions or other folks that require a pasta pot to cook for a crowd.
It is on this list of our favorite products because of its extra-large capacity. With this pot, you have the convenience of preparing large quantity of food at the same time.
Additionally, you can boil or steam 4 different pastas and vegetables at the same time. Furthermore, each insert delivers 3 servings of pasta at once. To further enhance the convenience of this pot, each insert comes with individual hanging clip. This makes for ease of draining/straining the pasta or veggies cooked in the insert.
Best Pot For The Average Family
Product Rating – 4.6 Star
- The base is made with impact bonded aluminum which ensure quick and even heating.
- It is safe for oven, stove broiler and dishwasher.
- The doubly riveted handles are long and ergonomically designed to provide a secure and comfortable grip to the user.
- The handles stay cool always even when cooking or pot is hot.
- The lids have holes that align with the pour spout of the pot for ease of straining.
The Calphalon 2095249 Classic Stainless Steel Cookware Stock Pot, 6 Quart is a reasonably sized and prized product.
It is ideal for the average family that don’t cook for a crowd and also comes in at a price that wouldn’t break the bank. These in addition with the features enumerated above are the reasons why this product is listed in this review.
With this pot, you don’t need an extra utensil (colander) after cooking your pasta. The design of the pot and lid takes care of the draining and pouring.
Another design feature that enhances cooking in the pot is the heavy sides and narrow opening of the pot.
When you buy this product, you get a stock pot that can be used for making soup, stock, boiling pasta, sea foods and a wide variety of slow-cook recipes. And best of all, this pot comes with a full lifetime warranty!
Small Capacity Pot (Mini)
Product Name – AVACRAFT Stainless Steel Multipurpose Saucepan
Product Rating – 4.6 Star
- Made with 18/10 grade stainless steel.
- Shatter-proof glass lid with straining holes on both sides.
- Measurement markings that are easy to read in the interior of the pot.
- Comes with special matte finish on the interior.
- 3-ply stainless steel base with encapsulated aluminum delivers even heating and prevents hot spots in the pot.
Most times single folks or people who live alone and cook for one or two persons often have difficulty preparing some types of food. Thankfully, there are now more pots and cooking appliances that make the task less arduous or cumbersome.
The AVACRAFT Stainless Steel Multipurpose Saucepan is one of such utensils. Its 3.5 quart capacity makes it ideal for making pasta with all the convenience of all the other products hitherto mentioned. This one of the reasons why it is being reviewed here.
This saucepan is a multipurpose pan can be used a wide variety of food in addition to cooking pasta. The straining holes on both sides make it adaptable for use by both right and left handed users. This is another reason why it is on this list.
This pan is loaded with many more features that you’ll do well to check out by yourself.
This review would not be complete if we don’t give you a guide on how to select the best product for your specification. We have given you 10 of our favorite pasta pots that come with the extra convenience of a strainer lid or a pasta insert. And therefor we know that you may be eager to go shopping but before you do, please take a few more minutes to read to the end.
There are many factors to consider before you go shopping and they include the following:-
If you have any experience with making pasta, you’ll know that pasta requires plenty water when cooking it. So when you are considering the size of the pasta pot with strainer to buy, you think of the water and not the pasta capacity.
What this means is that you are looking at the quantity of water that you use for cooking the pasta. If you cook for one, you need not be looking for a pasta pot with a 5-quart capacity. Your best bet would be a 2 to 3-quart capacity pot. If you want to be on the safe side, you can opt for a product such as the AVACRAFT Stainless Steel Multipurpose Saucepan. .
An average family would do well with the recommended pot on our list; the Calphalon 2095249 Classic Stainless Steel Cookware Stock Pot, 6 Quart . However folks who cook for a crowd or operate a small food business would consider a 16 to 20-quart capacity pot like the Winware 20 Qt Aluminum Pasta Cooker, Commercial Grade or the Tramontina 80101/038DS Gourmet Prima Stainless Steel Pasta Cooking Set .
Material of Manufacture
Before you decide that a particular product is the best for you, you have to consider the quality of material it is made of. All the products we reviewed in this review are made with stainless steel but have aluminum encapsulated base.
This construction ensures that there is fast and even heat distribution which means that your food would cook evenly. The material a cook ware is made of determines how heat is conducted. So check out the product description and how well it distributes heat.
Features Of The Product
The features of any product is key to determining its functionality and usefulness. Consider thoroughly how the features of the product you want to buy would enhance your cooking experience.
The most important feature we are looking at in this category now is a pasta pot that comes with a strainer. Next to that would be how much convenience the strainer delivers. Pasta pots come with different designs of strainers.
Some have straining holes on just one side of the lid while others have straining holes on both sides of the lid. Conversely, some pots come with pasta or colander insert.
If you are a right handed person, you wouldn’t have issues using a pasta pot with straining holes on one side of the pot. So you can buy the Bialetti 7550 Oval 5 Quart Pasta Pot with Strainer Lid, Nonstick, 5.8, Red
Left handed users however would have issues with this pot and it would therefore be best for them to consider buying the AVACRAFT Top Rated Stainless Steel 6 Quart Pot with Glass Strainer Lid
This is just an example of how a feature of the pot can impact on its user friendliness.
Another feature that’s worth considering is the handles of the pot. Look out for a pasta pot with strainer that has doubly riveted handles. This would ensure that there are no nasty surprises when you lift, the pot to strain or pour the contents.
So in summary on this factor, always look out for features that afford you the best cooking experience.
Accessories That Are Included
Different pasta pots with strainer comes with different accessories. Some have more while others have less. While it is said that less is more, it is not the case when it comes to choosing the product that should qualify as the best for you.
The more accessories you can get at a competitive price, the better for you. Take for example the Tramontina 80101/038DS Gourmet Prima Stainless Steel Pasta Cooking Set. It comes with 4 different inserts. This would definitely come in handy for folks who cook for a crowd and also for those who love to cook a variety of pasta, noodles and veggies for the same meal.
It’s best to determine how much you are willing to spend on a product before you go shopping.
That said, bear in mind the following:-
- Price is not always the best determinant of quality; you can get great value at a reasonable price.
- If you want top quality, you have to be prepared to pay the price.
- Compare prices in relation to features, quality and accessories before you make a purchase.
So after reading this article, we are optimistic that you would have seen the benefit of owning a pasta pot with strainer.
Additionally, we believe that these brief reviews and the buying guide has provided enough information for you to make an informed choice. Conversely, if you want to just get a pasta pot and then buy a clip on colander, then check out this article.
We would not erroneously claim that this piece has given you all the information you need as you go shopping. However, we advise that you take out time to read reviews from verified users of any product that you are considering. This would give you an overview of what to expect from the product.
So bearing all the above in mind, you can now buy the best pasta cookware and accessories.