The importance of owning the best pot for boiling water cannot be overemphasized. Hot water is at the foundation of a large percentage of culinary activities. It comes in handy for making tea, coffee, oats, soups and a whole plethora of meals.
While you can use a kettle to boil water for a cup of tea or instant coffee, same kettle wouldn’t suffice to boil water for cooking pasta. In the same vein, you may have company for breakfast or hosting a breakfast meeting that requires large volume of water. An itty bitty kettle would not do.
There are so many other reasons why you may need hot/boiling water in large volume.
So the essence of this article is to present you with 3 different categories of kitchen ware that would help you boil water in those situations where a kettle is inadequate.
Best Stainless Steel Pots For Boiling Water
There are many reasons why stainless steel is the best material for pots that are used to boil water. The two most important reasons are as follows:-
- Stainless steel is safe as it doesn’t react with food and is not susceptible to rust. You can rest assured that no chemicals would leak into your water.
- Stainless steel is a good conductor of heat.
That said however, anodized aluminum is also a good material due to several reasons (which unfortunately we shall not enumerate). But pots made with anodized aluminum are usually costlier than stainless steel pots.
For this reason, we shall present you with stainless steel pots in different categories that would suit your needs and budget.
Best Rated High End Stainless Steel Pot
Product Name – Turbo Pot RS3004 FreshAir Stainless Steel 8.1 Qt. Stock Pot
Product Rating – 4.9 Star
- Manufactured with 304 stainless steel of the highest quality.
- Even heat distribution that prevents hot spots in pot while cooking.
- Engineered to reduce emissions such N02 and Co that are release while cooking. This leads more fresh air indoors even while you are cooking.
- Heats up water faster than other regular pots by a margin of 30 -50%.
- Dishwasher safe and safe for use in the oven for temperatures not exceeding 500 degrees Fahrenheit (the lid however is heat resistant to only 350 degrees)
The Turbo Pot RS3004 FreshAir Stainless Steel 8.1 Qt. Stock Pot is a product from the stables of Turbo Pots. This brand prides itself in the revolution of how cookware works.
They have innovated to produce pots that would heat up food fast and safely. With this pot, you can boil your water in half the time it would have taken to do so in other types of stainless steel pots. This in essence means that you save not only time but fuel.
Environmentalist advocate the reduction of carbon footprint and other environmental hazards. This Turbo Pot product helps you achieve that and in the process reduces your bills.
Furthermore, the reduction of the time your food stays on heat helps it to preserve more nutrients.
This is a high end pot that you are assured of its durability and efficiency; there’s no danger of corrosion or warping.
All these reasons are why this pot is on our list of best pot for boiling water. Additionally, this pot is ideal for casserole and as a Dutch oven.
Best Budget Product
Product Name – Mr Rudolf 3 Quart Stock Pot with Glass Lid
Product Rating – 4.6 Star
- Base of the pot is made with a 3-layer construction of encapsulated aluminum that delivers fast and even heat distribution.
- Corrosion resistant cooking surface provides an ideal material for boiling water and other cooking methods such as reduction of liquids, rolling boils or slow cooking.
- Made with 18/10 stainless steel with a highly polished glaze finish.
- Glass lid lock tightly to seal in flavors and nutrients in food.
- The design of the rim of the pot makes for drip-free pouring
The Mr Rudolf 3 Quart Stock Pot with Glass Lid is a top quality stainless steel pot that’s perfect for boiling water. It is safe for use on any type of stovetop.
The 3-quart capacity is large enough to boil 12 cups of water; this makes it adequate for boiling pasta and related recipes.
This pot is also a top quality product with many great features but not as costly as the Turbo Pot. That is why we have put it on this list of best pot for boiling water. It is ideal for folks who love good quality cookware but may not want to spend so much money on a 3-quart pot.
The handles are solidly made without being unsightly due to the rivets; you can rest assured that they’ll not break off anytime soon.
Best of all this pot is dishwasher safe and also safe for use in the oven and broiler for up to 550°F. Additionally, you can use it to store left overs in the freezer!
Extra Large Commercial Size Stainless Steel Pot For Boiling Water
Product Name – King Kooker KK36SR Ridged Stainless Steel Pot, 36-Quart
Product Rating – 4.8 Star
- 36 quart extra-large capacity
- Comes with stainless steel steamer basket
- Manufactured with top quality commercial grade stainless steel.
- Sturdily built handles makes for ease of handling and lifting.
- Durable and non-corrosive. Does not react with food.
The King Kooker KK36SR Ridged Stainless Steel Pot, 36-Quart is a huge pot that’s adequate for boiling water, shrimps, crabs, corn and lots more!
This pot is designed for those large gatherings where to need to cook up a storm! You don’t have to waste time and energy cooking in batches.
Maybe you are at the fair or an outdoor gathering where you need copious volumes of water. Or in a situation where there is no electricity and you need hot water in large volume; this pot is for you.
King Kooker has been producing top quality stainless steel pots and other cookware for 40 years and counting. This product is on our list of best pot for boiling water because of its size.
Additionally, you can get different sizes of pots from this brand. So no matter the number of persons you have to cater to, King Kooker products have you covered.
Best Pot For Boiling Water – Multi-functional Electric Pots
There are some folks that have gone digital with all their cookware and kitchen appliances . In view of this we have scoured the net to look for worthy additions that would make quick work of boiling water at all times.
In this segment, we would review 4 electric pots that are perfect for boiling water. But in addition to that, each of these electric pots are also useful for so many other meal preparations. Stay with us and find out how useful these products are.
Best Budget Regular Sized Multi-function Electric Pot
Product Name – Proctor Silex 32oz Adjustable Temperature Electric Hot Pot (48507)
Product Rating – 4.3 Star
- Boils water quicker than a microwave oven.
- Nonstick interior makes for ease of cleaning with just soap and water.
- Multi-functional – can be used for a wide variety of high liquid content recipes.
- Variable heat settings.
- Comes with one year limited warranty.
The Proctor Silex 32oz Adjustable Temperature Electric Hot Pot (48507) is a life saver when you are stumped for time and you need more than a few cups of hot water. It heats up the water so fast and you don’t have to babysit the process.
This product is on our list of best pot for boiling water not only because of the features highlighted above but also because of its affordability.
Many verified users have testified of the fact that they have gotten their money’s worth over and over again from this appliance.
It is designed with the comfort of the user in mind and it provides so much convenience. The handle is ergonomically designed for ease of handling and pouring while the lid is detachable.
This product is ideal for folks who live in dorms or have space constrains. With this electric pot, you don’t need a kettle and multiple pots. It cuts down the number of appliances that you need and saves space on your countertop.
Large Capacity Multi-functional Hot Pot For Boiling Water
Product Name – Stariver 1.8L Multi-Functional Electric Hot Pot
Product Rating – 4.5 Star
- Powered by a 600 watt motor to deliver fast and efficient heating.
- Boil dry feature ensures that the pot automatically shuts down if there’s no more water in the pot. Another safety feature is the overheating protection which would also shut the pot down if it begins to overheat.
- The interior of the pot is made with top quality 304 stainless steel that is anti-rust and doesn’t react to your food.
- Transparent glass lid provides ease of monitoring the content of the pot while cooking.
- Multi-functional and versatile.
The Stariver 1.8L Multi-Functional Electric Hot Pot has a large capacity compared to other products in this category. With this pot, you can boil a minimum of 20 cups of water at once!
It is a beautifully designed electric pot that delivers so much convenience while adding a touch of class to your space. In addition to this, it doesn’t take up much space. These in addition to the features highlighted above are the reasons why this pot is on our list of best pot for boiling water.
Furthermore, the handle is designed with material that stays cool all the time which makes for ease of handling. The “keep warm” feature also regulates the temperature of your food till you are ready to eat.
This pot is a perfect choice for minimalists who don’t want too much kitchen appliances or gadgets. It is also ideal for dorm dwellers and folks who don’t have kitchen space.
Best Mini Multi-function Pot For Boiling Water
Product Name – JOYFULSKY 1L Electric Hot Pot with American plug
Product Rating – 4.3 Star
- Powered by a 600 watt motor and comes with American plug.
- Portable and convenient for travel.
- Interior is made with top quality 304 stainless steel
- Passed the ISO9001 test and guaranteed food safe.
- Comes with as steamer insert – ideal for boiling eggs and steaming food.
The JOYFULSKY 1L Electric Hot Pot is a portable mini pot that is ideal for individuals without kitchen space.
Though it has a small capacity, it is designed with all the features that regular sized electric hot pots have. This is an awesome appliance for college students or folks who are always on the road. That is why it is on our list of best pot for boiling water.
With this pot, you not only get to boil water but you can prepare a large variety of food with high liquid content. What’s more, you can steam your veggies and boil eggs too! This is a perfect replacement for a stovetop, pots and kettle.
Best Seller On Amazon
Product Name – Topwit Electric Hot Pot
Product Rating – 4.3
- Multi-functional and versatile.
- Has a 1.2 liter capacity
- Comes with double power supply of 200 and 600 watts that can be adjusted to user’s preference.
- Detachable design provides more safety for user.
- Interior is made with top quality stainless steel.
The Topwit Electric Hot Pot is a best seller on Amazon and has received many rave reviews from customers.
It manufactured with food grade materials that ensure that your food is not contaminated while in it. Although the interior is made with stainless steel, the exterior is enclosed with double walls so that it remain cool to the touch even while in use.
The glass cover makes it easy to see the content of the pot while cooking and the handle is also designed for safe handling.
Furthermore this pot is equipped with safety features that ensure that the pot shuts off it begins to overheat or the water in it dries out.
This product is on our list of best pot for boiling water because of the testimonial about it in addition to all its great features.
Best Electric Pots For Boiling Water – Single Function
In this final segment, we would review 3 products that are dedicated solely for boiling water and keeping it warm. These products come in handy for any situation where hot water is in constant demand in large volumes.
Best Extra-large Capacity Electric Pot For Boiling Water
Product Name – Chefman Electric Hot Water Pot Urn w/ Auto & Manual Dispense Buttons
Product Rating – 3.8 Star
- Powered by a 700 watt motor that boils the water fast and then keeps it warm the whole day.
- Comes with three dispense buttons so that you can easily dispense water into bottles or cups.
- Manufactured with durable top quality stainless steel.
- Easy to read water gauge.
- Comes with one year manufacturer’s warranty.
The Chefman Electric Hot Water Pot Urn w/ Auto & Manual Dispense Buttons is an ideal appliance for folks who entertain a lot or caterers. It is a large capacity electric pot that boils water fast and keeps it hot all day.
With this machine you can boil more than 30 cups of water at once. This means that you conveniently have large volume of hot water on supply without stress.
The handle of the urn is easy to hold and allows you to comfortably lift the pot from the sink to fill up with water to wherever you want it placed.
This appliance is also safe to use because of the following features:-
- Automatic boil dry shutdown- turns off the urn if there’s no water in the pot.
- Locking lid prevents hot water spill in case the pot tips overs.
- Child safety lock on the dispense and reboil buttons. This prevents the water dispensing accidentally or starting up unintended.
Finally, the detachable stainless steel insert and the wide mouth makes this pot easy to clean.
Best Electric Pot For Boiling Water Ideal For Families
Product Name – Panasonic RA41660 Electric Thermo Pot Water Boiler Dispenser NC-EG3000
Product Rating – 4.2 Star
- Has a 3.2-quart/3L capacity.
- Versatile – Can be used for slow drip coffee.
- Surface of the interior is made with top quality stainless steel that’s carefully coated with Bincho-tan charcoal which purifies and alkalizes the PH level of hot water. This property also draws out more flavors from tea.
- Features an LCD screen with easy to read gauge for the eater level.
- Has 4 auto heat settings and they are 208, 190, 180 and 160°f.
The Panasonic RA41660 Electric Thermo Pot is an appliance that heats up your water and keeps it hot for hours.
With this electric pot, you are sure of always having hot water on hand for any type of tea. You can also use it for slow drip coffee; all you have to do is to place your cup under the dispenser, put your coffee filter the cup, add your coffee grounds and then press the slow drip mode and your coffee is made!
This electric pot also has safety features like a detachable cord with a base that rotates 360º and a safety lock for the dispenser.
The energy savings timer allows you to set the pot to start boiling your water 6 hours later. With this feature, you can set the pot and go to sleep.
This pot has so many great features that makes it an asset for any person who caters to a large number of persons. It is also useful for families with babies that need hot water constantly. This product is an appliance that takes everyday convenience for the family to a whole new level.
These reasons are why the Panasonic RA41660 Electric Thermo Pot Water Boiler Dispenser NC-EG3000 is on our list of best pot for boiling water.
Best High End Electric Pot For Boiling Water
Product Name – Zojirushi America Corporation CV-DCC40XT Hybrid Water Boiler And Warmer
Product Rating – 4.6 Star
- Has a 4.0L /135 oz. capacity
- Powered by 840 watt motor
- Has a quick temperature mode that gets water to the temperature you desire without boiling the water.
- Interior is made with nonstick stainless steel material that makes for ease of cleaning.
- Comes equipped with a temperature control system that is micro computerized
The Zojirushi America Corporation CV-DCC40XT Hybrid Water Boiler And Warmer is a high end product that delivers convenience and efficiency consistently for the user.
It has 4 temperature settings to keep the hot water warm at 160°F, 175°F, 195°F or 208°F. Additionally, the pot is designed with vacuum insulation that keeps the content warm without electricity.
The beep or interchangeable melody that lets you know that the water has boiled can be turned off if you don’t want it on.
The energy saving timer feature allows you to preset the machine for up to 6 – 10 hours. While the steam reduce feature turns off the machine just short of the water boiling so that the steam it would emit would be reduced.
The convenience of this electric pot is also enhanced by its detachable lid (this makes for ease of cleaning) and the rotating base which makes serving from the pot easier.
Best Pot For Boiling Water – Buying Guide
We know that as you’ve come to the end of this review, you may be in a bit of confusion as to which product to buy. Not to worry; we are here to help you ascertain which product is the best pot for boiling water for you.
As you go shopping for the best pot for boiling water, here are few factors to bear in mind so that you make the right choice for you.
Size/Capacity Of The Pot
As with every cookware or kitchen utensil or appliance, the size is a major consideration. In the case of the best pot for boiling water, you would do well to consider the size of the pot in relation to what you always need hot water for.
If you have a little baby or run a café that requires hot water constantly, you might consider buying an electric pot instead of a stovetop product. You may be wondering how you would get the right size of electric pot. But that’s not a problem; the Panasonic RA41660 Electric Thermo Pot Water Boiler Dispenser NC-EG3000 is a prime example of a great product for you.
However, if you need high volume of water always, then consider buying the Chefman Electric Hot Water Pot Urn w/ Auto & Manual Dispense Buttons.
By the time you check out the three electric pots that we have reviewed in this article, you would surely get the right size for your need.
If you frequently need high volume of hot water for cooking maybe sea food or such recipes, then consider a stainless steel pot with extra-large capacity like the King Kooker KK36SR Ridged Stainless Steel Pot, 36-Quart.
If you are setting up home for the first time, you’d best consider stainless steel pots. With any of the pots that we advertised, you can always get a good product that you can use for any kind of cooking and not only boiling water.
For those who are always on the road or those who live in apartments without kitchen space a product such as the Topwit Electric Hot Pot . With this pot you can not only boil water but also prepare a wide variety of meals.
Additionally, this pot replaces a stovetop, kettle and pot as it performs all three functions for you.
So always look out for how functional and versatile a product would be for you.
Material of Manufacture
The material a product is made of determines its durability and in the case of a kitchen appliance also its food safety.
If you are looking to buy a pot for stovetop use, then you best consider a pot made of stainless steel. There are high end pots such as the Turbo Pot RS3004 FreshAir Stainless Steel 8.1 Qt. Stock Pot for lovers of top quality products.
There are also products that wouldn’t make you break the bank but would deliver value at the budget like the Mr Rudolf 3 Quart Stock Pot with Glass Lid
Whatever product you choose, ensure that it is anti-corrosive and would not leak chemicals into the water or whatever you cook in the pot.
There are several features that add great value to a product. And when you go shopping whether online or in-store, look out for those feature.
Some of the features that make for the best pot for boiling water are as follows
For stainless steel pots :-
- Doubly riveted handles, comfortable to grip and one that stays cool.
- Aluminum encapsulated base.
- Tight fitting lid
- Manufactured with 304 stainless steel.
Check out the Turbo Pot RS3003 FreshAir Stainless Steel 3.5 Qt. Casserole Pot/Dutch Oven to appreciate these and more features.
For electric pots:-
- Speed of boiling the water.
- Safety features: – dry boil auto shutdown, child lock on dispensing buttons and overheating protection.
- Energy saving timer
Another way that you can know the features that would be beneficial is by reading reviews before making a purchase.
Compare prices of the product you are considering for purchase with others in the same category. Reading reviews would not only help you ascertain great features but it would also help you know whether the price is right for the value.
Do not just assume that a product is high end because it is costly. A high end material is determined by its features. The Turbo Pot RS3004 FreshAir Stainless Steel 8.1 Qt. Stock Pot is a great example of a high end stainless steel pot.
Now that you have come to end of this review, we believe that you have enough information to make the right choice for you.
It is better to spend a while longer researching a product that you are considering for purchase than to just rush off to buy one. If you buy in haste you might end up with buyer’s regret or worse still a product that would not give you value for money.
Finally, if you decide to buy a stainless steel pot, you might want to read this article on how to clean a stainless steel pot. For those who decide to buy any of the two kinds of electric pots, this article on how to clean a coffee pot would come in handy.
Trust us when we tell you that the recommended links would help you know how to easily clean your cookware and appliances.